To change the status of your job:
- Visit employers.indeed.com, or navigate to the Indeed Employer app and Sign in to your account.
- Tap the job you would like to change.
- Locate the button group with Open, Paused, and Closed.
- Select the desired status (open, paused, closed).
Job statuses are an important tool for organizing your hiring efforts and managing your recruitment spending for Sponsored Jobs. You can change the status of your Sponsored Job post at any time.
What the statuses mean:
- Open: Your job appears in search results and, if it is a Sponsored Job, has a daily average budget to pay for more visibility to help you get more applications.
- Paused: Your job is removed from search results. If you are receiving a lot of applications, pausing your job is like tapping the brakes while you review the candidates you already have. You can open or close your job when you are ready to move forward.
- Closed: Your job is removed from search results. Close a job if you make a hire or no longer need to fill the position. A job will need to be reposted (versus opened) if you want it to appear in search results again in the future.
- Sponsored Jobs do not incur costs when they are paused or closed. Please note: Any outstanding balance will be processed on the first day of the following month.