If you’re an Account Administrator, you’ll be able to view and access the “Subscription management” page in the upper right-hand corner under your email address on Indeed.
Under the Subscription Management page, Administrators will be able to assign subscriptions to users linked to your account or yourself. Once the subscription has been assigned to a user that user can start contacting candidates. Only users with a non-expired subscription (i.e. active or expiring) assigned to them will be able to contact candidates.
- See step-by-step guide on assigning subscriptions here.
- Global subscriptions allows you to contact in any market in which Resume subscriptions are available.
- Each subscription can only be assigned to one person at a time but you can freely move active subscriptions between users.
Renewing Subscriptions / Purchasing new Contacts:
Monthly subscriptions automatically renew every month on your billing date.
- See step-by-step guide on on How to Purchase Resume Subscriptions
- Monthly and annual subscriptions have contacts granted on a monthly basis.
- An annual subscription automatically renews every year on your billing date.
- If you need more contacts per month than what is provided in each subscription, you can add more contacts to a subscription by purchasing additional individual contacts or by buying additional subscriptions.
Canceling your Subscription:
You can cancel the renewal of your subscription in the Subscription Management page.
- You’ll be able to continue contacting candidates until your next billing date when canceling your subscription.
- If you have remaining contacts left in your subscription they can be transferred to another active subscription within 6 months.
- Contacts will expire 6 months after they are granted. You will lose access to job seeker names and contact information without an active subscription.
If you have further questions please contact our support team.
Resume Subscriptions are not required in Argentina, Belgium, Colombia, Singapore and South Africa.